Vegan Red Velvet Cookies
I’ve Only Had Red Velvet Cake A Couple Times
Whilst Looking For A Cookie To Make For Christmas, I Came Across This Recipe
And So I Shall Make Them!
ORIGINALLY POSTED HEREINGREDIENTS
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- ½ Cup Vegan Butter (such as Earth Balance)
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 3½ teaspoons Red Food Colouring
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup or Agave
- 2 Tablespoons Non-Dairy Milk of Choice
- ½ Cup Powdered SugarINSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Cover two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy.
- Then mix in the food colouring, vanilla, maple syrup, and non-dairy milk. Mix until blended, but it is ok if you see little flecks of the butter in the mixture.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until dough comes together.
- Put the powdered sugar in a wide bowl or dish that has enough room so you can easily roll a dough ball in there. Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and gently roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the powdered sugar so that it is completely covered. Set on the baking tray and lightly press down so the ball is slightly flattened. Sprinkle a little extra powdered sugar on top.
- Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the trays.
Follow Me On Twitter @JCooksVegan
& Now On Instagram @ jcooksvegan
My Next Enterprise – Vegan Red Velvet Cookies